Sunday, October 28, 2012

Eric's 37th Birthday

Eric celebrated his 37th birthday a few days ago but the true celebration wasn't until last night when I took him to his two presents.  The first present was driving a Ferrari F430 from Try Exotic Cars located in the Palazzo on the strip.  We did have to wait an hour after our appointment time, but otherwise it was a great experience.  Scott even let me sit in the car for a few pictures before kicking me out and taking Eric out on the road.
 
Waiting in the show room.  Behind me was one of our favorites, a Shelby Cobra.
Maybe I should have gotten this gift for myself too!

I got to wait downstairs with probably several million dollars worth of cars while Eric had some fun behind the wheel.   Eric said Scott took him out on an industrial road next to the strip that doesn't have any traffic.  First was a photo opt followed by lots of driving.  I heard Eric got up to 115mph at one point and even had his instructor a little nervous.








Eric was ear to ear grin when he got back and said it was a great experience.  I'm glad he enjoyed the fun!
We went across the street to Caesar's Palace for present number two, Elton John!  Boy can he still sing and play the piano.  We weren't allowed to take in our camera but were allowed camera phones.  Of course our phones are ancient and don't take great pictures so we don't have any pictures of the event.  But the memories are what's important. 
It was fun making Eric's birthday extra special.  Who knows how long we'll be able to take advantage of all the fun things to do here in Vegas so better do them now.

No comments: