Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Color Run

There was a 5k Color Run here in Vegas two weekends ago.  A friend of mine had heard about it and asked if I would be interested in doing it.  Personally I am clueless when it comes to marathons since I don't run.  Again...I don't run.  But, she showed me some pictures of the color run and figured it would be lots of fun to get some friends together and do it.  I figured it would motivate me to do couch to 5k and increase my cardio work out.  Turns out most of my friends had no intention of running or jogging the entire race so I lost motivation the last few weeks of training.  Regardless, I knew I was going to do some jogging.  That's better than nothing!
Before the race.  Notice all those white shirts?
I have no idea how many people were in the race but we left in the second wave.  It was funny to see our group split off into quite a few smaller groups.
Our first color.
Jogging at a good pace.  Notice that they were stingy with yellow, it doesn't even look like I have any on.

After the race we waited for the rest of our group to cross the finish line.  Here are a few of us.
Once we found everyone we went to the after party.  Every 15 minutes we opened up our color packet and threw it on people or the air.  Let's just say it was a color cloud.  I had to cover my mouth and nose it was so dense.

My friend Jen got some orange in the eye.  I'm innocent, my color was green!

Getting covered!

That's a lot of color!
Time for a shower.
I was blowing purple snot for several days and my lungs felt strange for a day or two.  However, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Hopefully Eric and I can jog with the girls in the stroller.  The girls would enjoy getting colors thrown on them.

No comments: