Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day class cards

Thanks to pinterest I saw a unique personalized Valentine's Day class card idea.  I thought about it for awhile and decided to do it with the girls.  First I asked the girls to pose for me outside.  They just didn't get what I was asking of them but it worked! Eric was kind enough to help me do the typing on the picture rather than have Etta write on the back with marker.  Let me just say Etta loves the 'teenager 3' font! 

step 1
It took me three stores to finally find exactly what I had in mind, Valentine Day Blow Pops. Since I don't have a single hole puncher (and my three hole punch wouldn't let the picture move far enough to punch Etta's picture) Eric offered to drill holes for me!  I laughed at the thought but it worked.

end product


Each Valentine cost me 23cents.  The pictures printed at Costco were13cents each (plus tax) and the blow pops were 10 cents each (plus tax) at Smith's.  Yes, more expensive than just buying a box of valentines but the end product is way cuter!  Now I need to start thinking about next year. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome!!! I just finished making bookmarks again for Jade - they turned out well, but not nearly as cool as what you did. :)

Christy said...

I'm thinking about book markers next year. I'm thinking most kids don't read much in Etta's kinder class.

Jill said...

So cute. Next year you want to do Jade's? ;)

Christy said...

Jill, I think you know how to use a camera, order pictures, and buy lollipops! You can just use my ideas the following year so you don't strain yourself:) I'm thinking next year may be personalized book markers. We'll see.