Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas has come and gone and it's just depressing.  But, we have fond memories of Christmas 2011.  This is the first year we've had Christmas in this house and my parents even came from Phoenix to celebrate with us.  The girls really enjoyed that aspect of Christmas.  Christmas Eve was a nice laid back day, at least for the girls it was.  We made some Christmas tree cupcakes which the girls got to decorate while my dad and Eric spent the day putting up the bulk of the playground.

I think the girls had as much fun putting sprinkles on the cupcakes as they did eating them.
We kept track of Santa's location via Norad on the internet.  We convinced the girls to go to bed at a really reasonable time.  I think they were pretty freaked out about the possibility of Santa passing our house if they were still awake.  The adults passed some time away playing Sequence, a really fun board game Eric's parents introduced to us a few years back.  Luckily all the presents were wrapped and ready to be placed under the tree.  Well, their were only a few things under the tree, most of it was sprawling into the living room.
The Christmas loot.
Eric and I didn't wake up until 7:30!  It was glorious.  I was getting dressed when I heard screams! For the first time ever the kids bypassed our bedroom and went straight to the tree.  At least my mom saw the girls' reactions when they saw their toys left from Santa.    Santa left Etta the pink guitar she's been asking for, Chloe got some Littlest Pet Shops she hasn't stopped talking about since seeing in the store, and a giant Barbie Jet. 
Chloe checking out her stocking gifts.

Grandma and Poppy gave the girls Dora dolls and clothes (among tons of other gifts).


Another goodie from the grandparents.



At this point, I think we were all on sensory overload!
Here is a nearly finished playground.  He's since put in a fireman pole but still needs to put the vertical rock climbing wall in.
Yeah, it is a super speedway slide just like it's name.  Chloe is still nervous about going down it.
All things must come to an end unfortunately.  After 4 days of visiting my parents needed to head back to Phoenix.  Here they are with the girls before leaving.

My mom, the girls, Mickey (my parents new papillon puppy), and my dad.
Only three generations of red heads.  Normally we enjoy getting 4 generations when my grandma is here.  I think the girls were planning on trying to keep Mick at our house.  They were sad he was leaving with my parents. 
It was a great Christmas.  The girls are still asking me, "How many more sleeps until Christmas?"  You'd think that they'd be asking about Etta's birthday in a few weeks instead.

No comments: