Thursday, March 03, 2011

Today Was a Good Day
Today was the jump start of a five day dog show. That means lots of sun screen and doggy drool. My mom's girl, Gina, had 10 puppies two days ago so she wasn't about to leave them with a brand new momma for the entire day so Jack and I went alone to West World for the first day of dog shows. I was able to show in Sweepstakes (which is owner handler, but I can show since I'm the daughter of the owner) and Jack took Best Opposite Sex. That means that a female won Best in Sweeps and then Jack got the runner up award. He won the exact same award in Tucson, December. He then went in for the regular class and Jack beat a boy that was on a pro handler. That always gives me a boost of confidence! He went back in for best male but didn't win. But...it was a good day!
Eric gave me a call and said he put a bid on a house. He asked me to guess which house he put the bid on. I guessed the one he had seen the previous day and sounded all giddy about. He said no. Hmmm, I was stumped. He told me he bid on Lancaster. You may remember this story...it was the first house we fell in love with when we house hunted in October! While we were in the kitchen, our realtor called the listing agent and said we wanted the house. Unfortunately they were counter offering someone else and went with them. Since the change of the new year the buyers haven't had financing for the house and have had extension after extension. Finally, the bank asked for a $5,000 non refundable deposit for the house and they backed out. We stepped in. Fingers crossed. We should hear back from the sellers by tomorrow 5pm Las Vegas.

6 comments:

Jen said...

The house is gorgeous!!! Great job with Jack today too...maybe you should be a pro handler in your spare time! :)

Christy said...

That means I'd have to go to a dog show nearly every weekend. I'll just do it for fun. That house will have several spare rooms for visitors. Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed.

Jill said...

Sounds promising. . can't wait to hear something!! Update at 5:01pm LV time. ;)

Tara said...

Woo-hoo, great news! Oh I sure hope you get that house! Praying for good news soon...

Christy said...

Well, the paperwork isn't signed yet. But...the sellers don't live in Vegas anymore and are planning on being there this weekend to sign the paperwork. Yes, we COULD walk away from it since they didn't meet the deadline, but we will wait! I'll keep you posted.

Jill said...

Any news???? Its Tuesday. Details. . Details. . .