Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand?

It's been a long time since I've done one of these posts and finally decided it was long overdue. Most of you know that reading is high on my hobby list and I have to read every evening before bed (it's so relaxing). If the book is really good I even make sure the girls have time at the playground giving me some extra reading time on a bench.
A few weeks ago I finished Love Unscripted by Tina Reber. This is Ms Reber's first book and as you can tell by the title it's a romance novel. It's huge at 660 pages but reads quick because the reader gets engaged with the characters and storyline right from the beginning.

Taryn owns her own bar on the east coast and is what we would consider a small town girl. A movie is being filmed in her small town and the leading actor, Ryan, has the town ladies and groupies swooning. Of course Taryn is oblivious to the movie series and the actors until Ryan runs into her bar to escape a swarm of groupies. Ryan is intrigued with Taryn, especially since she hasn't seen any of his movies and isn't drooling over him like everyone else.
It's fun reading about these two trying to figure out their friendship and then relationship. It goes through the up and downs of a relationship with a huge movie star as well as the insecurities of Taryn dating someone famous. I was really excited when I finished the book and realized that this is going to be a trilogy. I passed this on to my mom to read knowing she'd enjoy it. She was worried about the size of the book as well but it didn't take her long at all. Since she's finished it, I mailed it to my mother in law. Hope she likes it as much as we did.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Tina Reber is such a nice lady to boot!! She is the only author I have on my Facebook!!! Can't wait to read her next book.

Niamh said...

Thanks for the recommendation and review. I read every night before bed too and I'm always looking for new books. I'll add this one to my list. :)

Tara said...

Oops, I left that last comment using my weird other google account. :) Just wanted you to know it's me and not some weirdo that found your blog. :)

Christy said...

Haaa Tara, I was wondering who it was and then I saw your other post. I'll remember if I see that account it's just you rather than a blog stocker:)

Jill said...

On my nightstand is my ipad. What I will be downloading next is the book Heaven is for Real, and my bible study.

Christy said...

Jill, the auther from 90 minutes in Heaven? Not sure what to think about that. You'll have to let me know how it goes.