Sunday, January 23, 2011

Etta's 5th Birthday Party
Chloe was the first to wake up Saturday morning and they always come straight to my room to wake me up. This time I had daddy in bed with me so I asked him if he'd get up with Chloe. They didn't know he was in town for the party so Chloe sure wasn't expecting him. She was so cute when she asked, "Daddy?" She was so excited! I tried going back to sleep but I then heard Etta wake up to join all the excitement out in the family room. They girls were beside themselves having daddy here.
We had a cake and ice cream party with just a few friends. Here are some pictures of the fun.

Seats for the kids. Some yummy banana cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting
The first game, pin the backpack on Dora
Etta trying to pin on backpack, she was way off!
Chloe's turn, she was even more off than Etta!
Justice's turn
Mackenzie's turn (Etta's favorite classmate)
Jade got it in the right spot...makes me wonder if she could see!
Jade and Chloe on the rocker
We played two more games, pass the present and cotton ball pick up. Pass the potato has a gift wrapped a couple of times. The kids sit in a circle and pass the present while music plays. When the music stops, the person holding the present gets to unwrap a layer. The person that unwraps the last layer gets to keep the present. In cotton ball pick up the kids get blind folded then has 30 seconds to pick up cotton balls with a spatula. Etta did so bad she cried! We also had a Dora pull string pinata full of candy and little toys. The kids had a great time picking up stuff off the floor! However, Eric had to rip off Dora's head to get everything out. We just laughed, the kids didn't even notice since they were all looking at the floor.
Singing Happy Birthday
Dora cake
I'm amazed at all the presents Etta got for her birthday. You can tell all her friends helped pick out the gifts because each gift was perfect! Barbies, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets, Cinderella with a carriage, and even Strawberry Shortcake. We decided to open up all the presents so everyone could play with the new toys. Everyone loved that! Plus it was nice that I didn't have to open everything and set up some of the gifts.
As for today, Eric left for New Mexico and the girls, my parents, and I went to see Disney on Ice: Lets Celebrate. Let me just say, the girls had a great time! The girls have had a busy weekend filled with fun and sweets. I'm glad I don't have to think about another birthday party until July.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy birthday Etta!! Wow. 5 seems just like yesterdY she was born.

Vicki said...

Looks like you threw a great birthday party! Justice had a ton of fun!

Jen said...

Cute pictures! Jade had lots of fun.