Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Newsletter

Since we are in transition, I decided to not send out Christmas cards with newsletters. Eric's got the laptop with all our pictures so I thought it would take way more effort this year than I was willing to put into it. Now I've decided to at least type something up on my blog. If you want to see pictures, all you have to do is scroll through the blog and you'll see everything we've done the past several years!
This year has flown by quicker than any previous year. The biggest news of the year is obviously the move, which we are still in! We left Japan in September and are currently waiting to move to Las Vegas, NV. Eric is in Alamogordo, NM training to fly the MQ-9 and I'm in Phoenix with my parents. We decided that it would be easier on the kids and I hanging out in Phoenix with my parents than holed up in a one bedroom hotel room for 3.5 months. Even though we miss each other, I think we made the right decision.
The girls have been attending preschool together at a nearby church for several hours three days a week. Chloe is finally blossoming and is talking more than ever. Etta misses her friends from Japan and is quickly forgetting Japanese. She pretty much refuses to speak Japanese now but enjoys speaking the Spanish she learns from Dora. Etta and Chloe miss Eric but are enjoying all the love the get from grandma and poppy and occasionally great grandma Helen.
The big news for Eric is his completion of a second masters degree. Yes, his second. This one in political science with an emphasis in Eastern Asian studies. He still studies Japanese in his spare time and is enjoying going to the gym, the wood shop, and mountain biking near Holloman AFB, New Mexico. Eric will be in Phoenix for Christmas and then heading to Las Vegas the next day to make sure the house is ready for our household goods to be delivered Monday after Christmas. That's when the girls and I will arrive. We're in the process of signing all the paperwork for the house and should have keys (well, at least our realtor will) in several days. I'm super excited to make roots again, even if it is for a short amount of time. We don't know how long we'll be in Vegas for, but I hope it's long enough to enjoy our new home and friends in the area.
As for me, it's been a whirlwind of a year and the arrival of the new year is kind of bitter sweet. I look forward to the new house but also don't want to leave my family. It will be strange living in Las Vegas without Eric for a month or so. If you're thinking of making a trip to Vegas, let me know, we'll have plenty of room for you!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Keep an eye on my blog the coming weeks to see the house and the progress we make on it.

No comments: