Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Warning...The Following Post Contains Some Anxiety, Venting, and Whining!

Well, I haven't been able to do a post about our move status because I don't have anything to tell. We still don't have orders! That may not mean much to you, but we are supposed to be out of our house on the 31st and we can't set up ANYTHING without orders. We have yet to schedule our movers. We need them to come either next Thursday or Friday to pack us out, yet we can't even schedule it without that one piece of paper. Can you hear my heart beating through this post? I can feel them in my finger tips. My stomach is in knots not knowing what the heck is going on. Just, sitting, waiting, with knots in my stomach, and a lack of sleep since I have anxiety over this move. I'm just thankful friends down the street have offered their house to us while they are vacationing in the US. We'll probably have to bunk at their home for a few nights before going to Yokota to clear things up locally here. We can stay 8 days at Yokota before flying back to the states. Neither the hotel on base or the flight can be arranged until we have orders.
Their is other news I haven't shared with many since we still haven't nailed final details. I thought that the military was going to allow the girls and I to get settled into Vegas right before Eric went to New Mexico to train for three months. Turns out it's a TDY enroute to Vegas. That means, we, as a family, are supposed to go to New Mexico for three months and live in a one room hotel room with a pull out sofa bed for the girls. I pretty much cried right then and their. Eric was told the TDY was to keep the family together and I have come to the conclusion that they don't really care where the family is since they can't offer living arrangements for families. Eric and I have agreed that for the overall well being of our marriage and the kids' lives, that we'll split the three months between my parents home in Phoenix and with Eric in New Mexico.
All I can say is, no matter what happens, we'll make it out of Japan. We may have a mess on our hands with our rental house and utilities if we can't get out in time and we may not get as much vacation time as we hoped for. Since we haven't stepped on American soil for two years, we really want to visit family and friends before Eric's report date in New Mexico. I wish we could have been back a little sooner since one of Eric's grandma's just past away two weeks ago.
I actually feel worse now that I've typed this out. I'm sure this is way more than I should share about my feelings about this move, but I feel like this hasn't even scratched the surface of my feelings. Once we have orders in hand, all these feelings will be erased because we'll be so busy scheduling the move. But until then, all I can do is sit here and worry about getting out of here on time and smoothly. With the new knowledge of the TDY enroute, we've got to pack well. Looks like we'll be living out of suitcases for the next five or six months. Joy.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Goodness what a mess!!! It will all work out. Where is Eric going in NM? Justin has been working a program at a military base in NM a lot. E-mail me the info when you have time. Wouldn't it be a miracle if I got off bed rest and we could meet in NM?

Vicki said...

Wow! You guys seem to be getting the short end of the stick here. I certainly hope you find out details soon. Maybe you can take a few trips to NM and leave the kids in PHX so you and Eric can enjoy some couple time. I can't wait to see you!

Jen said...

They really aren't being nice, are they?! I'm glad you decided to vent...it helps us see how we can help you most! Thank goodness you CAN stay somewhere else other than a hotel room. While you are here, we'll all help the time go by faster by doing some fun things together! Play dates? Dinner? Aquarium? Babysitting? Girls nights? You name it.

Christy said...

Jenny, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. I can't wait to see everyone and get some catching up done. The girls are excited too. Not sure they realize that they won't be coming back here though. Japan is all they remember.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you have every reason to be upset and need to vent. It's a good thing AZ and NM are so close to each other. My in-laws live in NM and we are here in Phoenix too. I sure hope they get you the details soon. Praying for you!