Sunday, August 01, 2010

Fuji Kodomonokuni- Fuji Children's World
I've been postponing blogging because I want to talk about something else, but can't...yet. Still waiting on 'official' news. But, if you didn't see my facebook, it looks like we are now heading somewhere else. More on that soon, I hope.
Eric and I were pretty darn depressed since the news Friday and didn't want to stay around the house Saturday. So, we decided over breakfast to take a drive to Fuji Kodomonokuni for the day. We meant to go there during winter to see the snow, but it never happened. Basically it's a huge park with activities for families and kids. It's the perfect place for Etta and Chloe. It took about 90 minutes to get there which was expected and got there early enough to beat the rush of people.
Here's the first activity we did. I don't even know that they call this thing, but we referred to it as the spider web. Kids crawl through holes throughout the net to get to the top. Once on top they can bounce around a little. Chloe wouldn't get near the structure for the first 10 minutes or so, then she at least went through two holes. Etta was more adventurous.
Etta coming out of one of the holes.
She must of had fun climbing around because she kept going back in!
Chloe, hanging out in the entrance to one section.
Taking a break from the girls. Ahhhhh.
This one was a little too high for Chloe to climb into.

The section for little kids. Etta used it as a slide more than anything.

After stopping for a snack and drinks (it was dang warm when the sun was out), we explored the 'ruins'. It was an area that resembled ruins that kids could run around. It was fun because we would never see anything like this in America because of all the ditches Americans would fall into then sue the place.

Etta was proud of finding a tunnel.
I love action shots.
Chloe's expression here makes me laugh!
After the ruins we found a long slide. The girls went down quite a few times. The hard part was getting back up.
Chloe's turn.
Etta and Chloe decided to go together for their last slide down.

Rock climbing back up.
We shared some ramen and donburi for lunch, then the girls had ice cream (as usual).

What's next? Water! Etta had a blast going down the water slide, as you can tell by the pictures below. Chloe tried, but couldn't make herself go down. Eric had to go up to the top to get her, she was just too scared.

Etta just couldn't wait for these three girls to move out of the way.
Chloe did enjoy playing in the water and this one particular rock.

The girls were thoroughly worn out by the time we left. Chloe was asleep minutes after leaving the parking lot and Etta fell asleep about 3 minutes before making it home. Made for a great night of sleep for the girls! We're heading to Tokyo tomorrow for three days. Hopefully we'll have some good pictures to share when we return.


Jill said...

Looks like a fun day. When do you expect the "official" news of your move? How frustrating!!!!

Vicki said...

You guys have the coolest family places in Japan!

Tara said...

That looks like so much fun!!