Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Better Bentos Week Never Mind!
Remember my last bento blog mentioning Etta's last bento being Tuesday since it would be her last full day of school? Well, it didn't happen. All this talk about making her a good last bento went down the drain when Eric told me (after coming home from the grocery store with bento supplies for THE LAST BENTO) that there is no school Tuesday, just a festival from 2-4:30pm. Eric could have swore he told me that it was a no school day. I reminded him I went shopping for her last bento but he never stopped me. Oh well. Needless to say, I'm excited I get to take a break from bentos but the girls have already been asking me for their bento. A regular lunch or left over dinner isn't cutting it in their book. It will be an interesting summer improvising or occasionally surprising them with a bento.
I'll be hanging my hat up on the bento making and blogs for now. IF we are still in Japan when school resumes (September 1st), I may get a few bentos in before the move. I'm not sure if the first week or two back to school will be full days or half days. I'll be able to tell everyone soon when and where we are going! Everything isn't finalized, but darn close:)

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Do you already know where you're going and you're not telling us????? I want to know!!!

Pam said...

HEEE HEEE HEEEE!!!

Christy said...

we know 'unofficially' so I'm not going to blog about it until Eric has heard 'officially'. That may be at the beginning of the month when it's all said and done. I'd hate to post about it and then something change!

Vicki said...

OK, I'm on pins and needles! I can't wait to hear! My picks:

1. Phoenix
2. Vegas
3. San Diego
4. An Arizona-bordering state

Christy said...

hmmmmm, you'll know soon:) Let's just say, we'll be closer than Japan.

Jill said...

So Pam, are you happy or really happy? That might give us a clue. Hurry up and tell us.

Christy said...

Jill, I'll tell you this much. We're happy. So, I think my mom is happy for us. And...we'll be closer than Japan! Dang, I wonder how much longer I can hold on from spilling the beans???

Jen said...

I like Vicki's picks. :)

Pam said...

I'm happy, very happy for Eric. Like Christy said, it's closer than Japan! Anything in the US is closer, right? :)