Friday, December 11, 2009

Singapore Zoo
I knew from the many reviews I've read online that the Singapore Zoo was amazing, not to be missed. And I agree 100%. We were there nearly all day and didn't see everything. One can easily spend several days there before feeling completely satisfied. We'll have to remain content as is.
I'm going to keep this short since I'm running on only several hours of sleep. We won't have internet for two weeks once we check out of our Singapore hotel tomorrow afternoon and board our cruise. I wanted to make sure I had something new up for friends and family to see.
With the purchase of our tickets we were given little elephant face masks for the girls. Surprisingly the masks were a kit with the girls. They wore them throughout the day and carried them around when they didn't wear them.
We watched a little show with penguins, manatees, and a sea lion

At one point they asked for a woman volunteer and hardly anyone rose their hands. So, I did. Being dead center in the audience helped me out...I got selected. I had to throw a Frisbee to the see lion for him to catch it. Luckily, I had no problem otherwise I would have been embarrassed. Eric got it on film but I can't get it uploaded with the slow connection. As a little gift, they let me get a kiss from the sea lion. Man that was one wet fishy kiss.
still not sure what to think about after seeing the sea lion so up close
part of the orangutan exhibit extended over a walkway. that was great!
we love giraffes

When I was researching the Singapore Zoo I found that there was a large kids zone that has a water park. So, I knew to bring bathing suits and towels. What I had not anticipated was spending several hours of our day trapped in the kids zone. However, the girls ran their hearts content and had a great time.
they tried sliding together repeatedly
face first...haaaaa
one of the million slides she did
Chloe hanging
the giant bucket of water dropping, see Etta in the bottom left corner
part of the water park
part of the playground area, lilly pad hopping
it's a great jump, but was short several inches
We took the boat ride from one side of the zoo to another. Why didn't I take a picture of the boat? Instead I have several of the below picture. A rare none-kid picture
the girls wanted to keep kissing daddy

Not Eskimo kisses, elephant kisses
It was a cute Chloe day

I didn't have the camera out when we first walked up to the white tiger exhibit. and missed a great picture possibility. But, this one was rubbing against the tree and was so cute.
One of my favorite shots of the day, Chloe being cute.
So much to say and so little time to type. We board our cruise tomorrow at 3pm but will remain in Singapore until the following day before cruising to Makassar, Indonesia. We'll be taking lots of pictures and I'll have lots to say when I have internet again!

3 comments:

Tara said...

How fun!!

Pam said...

Sure looks like the zoo was a hit..Nice to be able to keep the girls intertained for one of the days in Singapore. Find some of the restaurants along the way that hav WIFI to keep us up to date. Two weeks without being able to hear from you is going to be impossible.....Love you.

Stacy B. said...

Wow, I wish we could have done even some of the fun things you guys have done while living overseas. Next time, forget visiting family! We are traveling! :) What a fun thing to do. Merry Christmas and Akemashite Omedetou!