Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Draft of Chloe's Evaluation
The speech-language pathologist called the other day to set up an appointment to talk about Chloe's evaluation. Unfortunately it's not for another 13 more days. We were really hoping for next week just to get things started sooner for Chloe. She asked if I wanted a rough draft of the evaluation so I could go through it and have questions at the ready for the appointment. I of course said yes and scanned through it as soon as it was in the mail box.
Turns out not only is her communication significantly delayed, her personal social behavior is mildly delayed. I'm wondering if the personal social delay is mainly due to the communication delay. Everything else in the draft included were facts about Chloe and her behavior. It was nice to finally get someone to say, "Yes, your concerns are completely accurate". Now I just want to know what we can do to help Chloe.
Chloe has tried to say a bunch of new words in the last week or two, but still not many words put together. Meltdowns are still happening but less frequent. I think a lot of that has to do with Etta being in school for a good portion of Chloe's awake time. Keep Chloe and us in your prayers. I'm looking forward to some answers, suggestions, and resources that can help Chloe and our home dynamics.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm so glad that they recognize the issue and hope that you can learn a lot of ways to help Chloe. I'll pray for you!

Steve and Eden said...

You all our in my prayers.

Jen said...

It's good news that they believe there is an issue - that means they can offer some help! I'd be interested to hear what kind of suggestions they have. Good luck!