Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Etta the Pooper!

Dear lord, it has taken us three years and 6 days to get her to poop on the potty. She's been pee trained for a very long time and she just didn't want to give up the convenience of pooping in a pull up or panties. Based on a friend of ours in this neighborhood, she told me both her daughters were the same way. On their 3rd birthday, she warned them of spanking if they pooped anywhere other than the potty. She said it took only one or two spankings for both of them. Well, Etta has been spanked twice for pooping in her panties since her birthday and she's been holding it for dear life. I new she had to go badly and put her on the potty and kept putting her there. I told her I'd wait outside the bathroom door. Next thing I hear is poop splashing in the toilet. Ok, too much info but I'm so excited. She got extra stickers on her calendar for it plus the new princess dress that has been hanging on the bathroom door for weeks!
Minutes later she says she wants to go again. She poops again! This time she asked for the matching shoes. She is now sitting on the potty again for the third time in 30 minutes. She trying really hard for an Ariel mermaid costume now hanging on the door. Hmmm, only have two more dresses after the Ariel dress. We'll think of something! Hopefully this pooping behavior transfers over to tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.

I pooped! Here's my new princess dress
Thumbs up from mommy and daddy too

bye bye poop
I am now a big girl!










2 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray for Etta!

Lysandra said...

Good job Etta! Boys are the same way. They refuse to poop in the potty. Frustrating.