Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Back

Ok, about a month ago I hurt my back. Not sure what I did, but I couldn't pick up the kids and it hurt to do anything for several days. It took me about 2 weeks to feel better. Well, it happened again a few days ago. I have no idea what I did, but I could feel the pain begin. Yesterday, day two of my pain actually had me in tears most of the day. I can not stand, I can not sit, I can not sleep, I can not do anything. Eric took the kids to church so I could lay down and not have pain for two hours. One of the church members brought a book by yesterday called Treat Your Back by Robin McKenzie. Sounds like I have Derangement Syndrome, the soft stuff in the disc is bulging to one side causing me pain and to be hunched over because the discs can't line up properly. I also believe it's pushing on my sciatic nerve causing pain in my left butt, hip and leg in general. To top it off, I am nauseated and have a headache. If I was on base, I'd be at the hospital right now. But, since I'm not I have to wait until 7am this morning to call and hope to make an appointment later this week.
I'm doing the exercises in the book for first aid and I can't even do them all. I can lay flat on my stomach (I cried the first time for about 5 minutes it hurt so bad), I can lay down with my weight on my forearms, and I can lay down and do a half push up. That's it, too painful to do anything else right now. Basically the book wants me to do them every two hours to strengthen the back muscles and to regain the natural curve in the spine. Our friend that loaned me the book says it had cured him of back pain and he does the exercises twice a day to maintain a healthy back. I have hope that the pain will go away and that it will stay away if I keep this up. I'd love for you to pray for the release of my lower back pain. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

7 comments:

Debbie'sDailyDose said...

I'm sorry...that sounds horrible. I will be praying for your pain to go away and that your back will strengthen and heal...

Vicki said...

Ugh, back pain is so horrible. I hope you feel better. When I go through spurts of sciatica, it helps to sometimes sleep with pillows under your knees and take ibuprofen. The doctor usually puts me on 800mg doses, which can do wonders. But, of course, you should always consult your doctor. :) I'll be praying for you!

Jen said...

I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted...

Laura said...

We will be praying for you! Do you have help with the girls while Eric is not home?

klstowe said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope it gets better quickly for you. Take it easy!

Christy said...

just an update. We are at the base and luckily Eric doesn't have anything until Friday so we'll stay for several days. xrays are good but the doctor thinks I tore a ligament between to vertebrae. So, I'm heavily medicated and will be so for several more days. So, pray that I can still function enough to take care of the kids! Otherwise, I feel better but I can still feel my back pain...just dulled a lot. Thanks for the continued prayers!

Jill said...

I hope you feel better!!!