Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sensa Challenge
I've been given the opportunity to try out a weight loss program and to blog about it through my 6 month journey. Let me explain a little about Sensa. It basically looks like salt or sugar and you sprinkle it on all of your solid food right before eating it. It uses your sense of smell and taste to control your appetite. So, you are supposed to feel full faster than without the tastant. The tastants come in monthly containers and after one month you switch to another type of tastant so you don't become accustomed to that specific month. Sensa contains Maltodextrin (Derived from Corn from the USA), Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, FD&C Yellow 5, and Carmine. Sensa also contains Soy and Milk ingredients. Sensa is sodium-free, sugar-free, calorie free, gluten-free, and there are no stimulants, drugs or MSG. Doesn't sound too bad so I wanted to give it a try.
This morning I watched my introductory DVD and learned exactly what to do as well as weighed myself. The hardest part is remembering to shake the tastants every time you eat something. Which I didn't do for lunch. I didn't think we'd be out into lunch time and we were. I didn't have my Sensa on hand but how bad can 6 tekka maki rolls and edamame be for me? If you are wondering, the food doesn't taste any different. I made sure, during breakfast Eric let me take a bit of his to compare and I couldn't tell the difference. For dinner, I didn't go back for seconds so maybe it does work. Can't say after one day!
Eric took a before picture of me and I plan on doing an after picture in the same clothes in 6 months as well as see if I have any change in weight. I plan on posting once a week or every other week on my progress. The website says women take about 2 months to see any change in the scale whereas men start to see the weight drop at the beginning. That's so not fair.
Has anyone heard of Sensa before or know of anyone that has used it? I'd love to hear their stories. Does anyone think it will work? I'm impatient so it's going to be hard waiting for the initial results. If you are interested in purchasing it, get 15% off with promotional code ROCKETXL as well as free shipping at the Sensa website http://www.trysensa.com/

3 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like another fad diet. Just eat a balanced diet, exercise, decrease the processed food intake is what my Dr. said when I was trying to lose weight. It is a lifestyle change. How long do you have to take it? 6 months, 1 year, 2 years???

Tara said...

interesting! I've never heard of it, it'll be interesting to hear how it goes for you. keep us posted. :-) yeah, it is so unfair men always lose weight so much faster than women!

Christy said...

I won't be surprised if it is a fad diet, but no harm in trying if it's free! But I do agree that the best method in loosing weight is a change in lifestyle.