Friday, August 15, 2008

Sedona Trip
As promised, here are some pictures of the trip. I can't remember where I left off from the previous post, but I'll say it was the hiking trip. So, I'll just label the pictures and then talk about the hike.

I followed the directions to our resort based on the directions they give, bad mistake. Mapquest would have been way faster. Of course we had to go through tons of construction on 178 and the Y. So, if you are going up to Sedona any time soon, this is what you'll be seeing.
We wanted to go to straight to Slide Rock so we could kill some time before check in but I guess too many people peed and pooped over the weekend. No swimming allowed! We turned around and took our chances with the resort.
This is just part of the view from our patio at The Summit, it was wonderful
Our jeep ride with A Day in the West
The view from our stop on the tourJust a sample of the road we drove, it got bumpy in spots
We were told that if we were going to hike, we needed to hike Cathedral Rock. I just assumed we'd be walking around, not full up hiking the gigantic rock. It took awhile with a lot of sweat, but we made it as high as the trail would let us.
We had to cross a stream to get to a trail. We wondered around awhile and found some animal trails before actually finding the right trail. I got to sample some wild blackberries too.
I thought we were near the end of the trail here, boy I was wrong
Getting closer

Really close now

Finally, we are at the end of the trail and exhausted from some rock climbing.


But, it was worth the view.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like a great vacation!! I love the hiking around Sedona!! Such a peaceful place.