Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Nervous

Well, it's 6:45 and I'm nervous. The girls and I have our flights this afternoon to Phoenix which begins a long journey of upcoming change. You may wonder why I'm nervous, it's just a trip to Phoenix. That is true, but we'll be on the road for at least 4 weeks, maybe even longer depending on how long it will take to find a rental house in Japan. Also, we won't be seeing any of our stuff for at least 6 weeks and that's for the fast shipment. Normally I wouldn't be so nervous, but packing for the kids and myself for that long is nerve racking. What if I forget something really important? I suppose I should ease my mind and say, "You can buy a new one".
Lets not even bring up the drive to Oceanside or the flights to Seattle then Japan. Those I'll be sweating over, but we have several more weeks for that. I just want to make it to Japan without forgetting too much stuff! Well, I need to go mull it over making sure I have enough clothes for the girls and I for the next 6 weeks. Pray for travel mercies for the girls and I today. We flight at 12:30pm on Southwest!

3 comments:

The Khaje Khronicles said...

Hi Christy! I've been praying that you all have safety in all of your travels over the next several weeks.

Please keep in touch. When you get to Japan, please send me your snail mail. I love sending out snail mail. Maybe the girls could webcam and as they get older maybe they'd like to be pen pals. I had pen pals since I was about 7 years old and I'm still in touch with them to this day.

Great to hear that Eric did great on his DLPT.

Let me know how your flight went.

Stacy said...

I just read about flying with children from a Survival Guide for Parenting Worst-Cast Scenarios or something. Here's what it said about flying...1) don't fly in first class 2) make highly visible efforts to calm your crying or restless kids. It makes the other passengers feel better if they can see how hard you're trying.

You'll be nervous but it'll all work out. Pray for Japanese flight attendants. Japanese customer service is above and beyond...and that includes long flights overseas. They'll help you out as much as they can. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Lysandra said...

I hope it's all ok. I'm sure your girls will do well.