Friday, July 25, 2008

One Step Closer
Eric finished his big exams at the Defense Language Institute here in Monterey. It's been 13 months of non stop learning and the weight of the class is now off his shoulders. He not only passed the exams, but he did way better than he thought he was going to do. He especially did well on the listening exam, the hardest part of the exam.
This was Eric cleaning out all his school paperwork yesterday. See the big smile!

Yes...we do recycle

Bye bye paperwork

Posted by Picasa
We have our storage shipment today; good thing because the house is in complete disarray. Even more so than normal. Eric had to go into school today to basically write up feedback on the school and our military housing. I'm sure he'll take the entire hour for that. We have a lot to say. He also has a class picture with the other guys. Nice easy day for him. He also agreed no more studying until the girls and I leave for Phoenix on Sunday. It's so strange having Eric sit with me and the girls in the family room watching TV (mostly watching My Neighbor Totoro...Etta's new favorite movie).

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I don't want you to move! I'll miss you while you're gone. And I look forward to seeing you one last time before you leave.

Laura said...

Yeah! Praise God! Great job Eric! We are looking forward to seeing you all in PHX.

Stacy said...

Congratulations! And good for you for recycling. I hope you really like Japan. I think you are friendly and fun and people will love you over there. Keep in touch!