Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Movie Monday (late is better than never)
I haven't seen to many movies since my last post but enough to post something. I don't think I sat down and watched any new movies while I was in Phoenix but I did see some movies while going to and from Japan. On the way to Japan the first movie they showed was No Country For Old Men. Since it had been nominated for so many awards I figured I better watch it. It was pretty entertaining. The best part of the movie is the insane killer, he was just awesome at his roll. However, it was hard to watch in parts because of the blood and guts. Eric and I really enjoyed the movie until the end, it just ended. Odd really. Eric and I just looked at each other with confusion on our faces when the credits began rolling. Thumbs up until you get to the end, what a let down.
On our return flight they were playing all movies I hadn't seen. Unfortunately I was in and out of sleep for most of them. I woke up half way through Enchanted, so I saw the last 45 minutes or so. Blockbuster is sending me the movie so I'll let you know what I think once I see it from the beginning. The one movie I saw completely was Juno. I have yet to meet a teenage girl like the main character in this movie; she's too witty and mature for her age but it was entertaining. The dialogue and the direction of the movie was great. Several times I caught myself thinking, "What would I have done?" if I was in the same situation as the main character. Thumbs up again.
While I was in Phoenix I had put a bunch of manly movies at the top of the blockbuster list so Eric could watch those. One of them was still here when I got home, it was called Chaos. You may recognize the main actor (Jason Stathman) from other movies like Transporter, Crank, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and my personal favorite Snatch. Supporting actors include Ryan Phillippe and Wesley Snipes. I should have known that anything with Wesley Snipes is suspect. It wasn't horrible but it was darn near cheesy, the acting was less than par especially with all the faces in it. The ending however was not bad, but not good enough for me to like the previous hour and a half. So, skip this movie and watch Snatch again if you are in the mood to watch something with Jason Stathman in it.
What have you seen recently? Anything I should rent?

2 comments:

Lysandra said...

I loved Juno. You are right though...not all teens are like that.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it...life has been a little chaotic!!!