Monday, April 21, 2008

Movie Monday
I nearly forgot about doing this post today! It's 9:20 which gives me enough time to blog and get to bed. I watched two movies this weekend. The first movie Eric and I watched together, Death at a Funeral. It's a British comedy and you may recognize the main character Matthew MacFadyen from the recent Pride and Prejudice movie. I personally liked his character much more in Pride and Prejudice but this movie had it's laughs. Our favorite character was Simon (Alan Tudyk) who was accidentally given a hallucinogenic drug and does an amazing job acting strung out the entire movie. It takes some strange turns concerning the man who the funeral is for. Lets just say it involves a midget. If you like British comedies add this one to the list. Otherwise, you can pass on this one.
The movie I was looking forward to sitting down with Eric ended up being watched by just me. Finally I got to see Atonement. I had read the book a few months ago and thought the book was amazing and I have to say the movie lived up to my expectations. Of course the movie has slight variations from the book, but that's to be expected when cramming everything in to a two hour time frame. What I had envisioned in my head while reading the book was on the TV. Not often to I cry during movies but I choked up several times. Not sure what people think of the movie that hadn't read the book before, but I give huge thumbs up on this one. Watch it, let me know what you think.
What did you watch this weekend? Do you recommend it?

3 comments:

Tara said...

I will have to recommend the first film to my husband. He loves Alan Tudyk. I have been wanting to see Atonement too. Sadly, we hardly ever watch movies so I have nothing to recommend to anyone. :-(

Nickname unavailable said...

If you are reading this then that's great. It means I figured out how to leave you a message. I have appreciated your notes on my blog and wanted give a little back. Our weekend movie project was catching our 10 yr old son up on the Indiana Jones trilogy. Sadly we've neglected some areas in our pursuit of parenting. We only got through the first one, but it did whet all of our appetites for the one coming out next month. I'll let you know if its worth the hype and if the special effects are up to speed. That was the one complaint of our jaded kid---it was fake looking. Whatever.

Jen said...

Jade and I watched "Everyone's Hero" this week. It was really cute and it made her laugh too. I enjoyed it. :)