Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blast From the Past

A few weeks ago I got a comment on one of my posts from an elementary school friend. Kristie and I were best friends from kindergarten to 5th grade until she moved to California. She lived right across the street from us so it was a great friendship. I particularly remember swimming a lot at their house. We had kept in touch for years, I had visited her in California, and she came to visit my family in Phoenix. We had done such a good job keeping in touch even through high school. Then college came and I hate to say I just didn't keep in touch as I should have.
She and her parents are in Napa which is about 2.5 hours away from Monterey. We thought it would be silly not to see each other since we are so close to one another. For ease on the girls and myself, Kristie drove out to see us Friday. She's leaving for Australia today and will be gone 8 months! Since we'll be in Japan by the time she gets back, now was a good time to see each other. Kristie will be gone to do a work program abroad. A company will find her work in parts of the country she wants to see. They'll set her up with living arrangements right off the bat and then she'll have to find a roommate or hostels to stay in while she is in each city. She gets to site see when she's not working. That sounds like so much fun! She will start blogging about it once she's all settled in so I'll put the link on my site when it's up and running.

3 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I wish blogger would let me post a picture or link as a comment! Frustrating.

Here's a picture of all of us in Kindergarten:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/
cc44/egiap79/Kindergarten.jpg

(you'll have to copy & paste)