Friday, March 14, 2008

What's On Your Nightstand?

I'm still working on To Live Is Christ by Beth Moore and it looks like I'll be working on it for the next month or two. We are taking a two week Spring Break right now and then we'll continue our studies for another several weeks before finishing. What an amazing bible study. If you get the opportunity I would recommend it.
I'm just several pages away from finishing Parenting By The Book: Biblical Wisdom in Raising Children. This books gives great insight on where we have gone wrong in raising our children (the last several decades) and gives biblical advice in how to raise and discipline children of all ages. Kind of like "grandma knows best" method
My newest book on the night stand is The Mom Inventors Handbook: How to Turn Your Great Idea into the Next Big Thing. I haven't mentioned anything yet since I'm still in research mode but I had an idea (aka invention!) that I thought could be good on the market. I've researched the current market and can't find anything and have spent several hours researching patents and can't find anything. The Mom Inventors Handbook is a step by step process with taking your idea all the way through production. The book is awesome if you really want to have your own business. It gives great sources online and ideas to cut preproduction costs by doing a lot of research before hand and not going right into the prototype before doing research.
The more I read the more I don't think I can run a business. How can I when I'm constantly moving? So, I'm going to keep reading because there is a part of the book that talks about licensing your idea; then I assume you sell it. Not sure though. So, when the time is right I'll be in touch with everyone for insight on my idea and make it better/marketable. If you have had any cool ideas come to mind and might want to pursue it...check out the link above!
What's on your nightstand?

2 comments:

Celular said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Just the Sous Chef said...

I just got my book you had in your last "what is on your nightstand?", Parenting by the Book. The amazon box just came yesterday so I am anxious to get it on my nightstand & start reading tonight! (I also got two copies for my best friends). xxoo