Thursday, March 20, 2008

Portrait Time

We haven't had pictures taken of the girls since Chloe was 3 weeks old and Etta was just 18 months. I have a hard time spending tons of money for a professional photographer in the Monterey area and the closest Sears/JC Penny is about 45 minutes away. However, now that I'm visiting my parents in Phoenix, we have a mall across the street. I made an appointment to have their pictures taken just two days after our arrival. I picked up semi matching outfits at Kohls the night before. Now that Etta is in 2t and Chloe is still in infant sizes, it's really hard to find matching outfits or dresses. Luckily I found one brand (Jumping Beans) that had the same type of clothes just slightly different material.
Grandma came along and helped hold onto one of them while the other was getting their picture taken. She also tried getting them to smile when the photographer was having no luck. We normally have had our pictures taken at JC Penny but our experiences there kept getting worse and worse. Finally I decided to check out Sears. Not only did I have a great coupon but they give 20% off to military (on top of the coupon!). We got in 15 minutes later than our appointment but the lady was quick and got some great shots of the girls. Surprising since Etta had become pretty grumpy by the time it was her turn. So...here are the shots. The quality isn't great since I downloaded them from the website, but you get the idea.











These will be ready to pick up several days before we leave Phoenix. Good timing! Two more days before Eric and I head to Japan so I'll try getting one more post up before leaving. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

5 comments:

Lysandra said...

I love that 2nd one! The girls are growing so fast! I love it. I wish I were there to watch them grow!

Jen said...

Very cute! I can't wait until you're back from Japan - maybe we'll get to spoil ourselves at the salon!

Laura said...

Their pictures turned out very cute! Beautiful girls!

Jill said...

My favorite is the second picture too!!! Enjoy Japan!

Tara said...

The pictures are adorable! Wow, only two days before you leave for japan? Have a safe trip---I'll be praying for you guys!