Monday, March 03, 2008

Movie Monday
Surprisingly Eric and I didn't sit down and finish a movie together this weekend. We started a movie Friday night and are still only and hour and ten minutes into it. My tutor loaned me a Japanese movie called Adrenaline Drive. It's actually pretty funny. It's about a rental guy and a shy nurse who happen to take a bunch of money from the yakuza (Japanese mobsters). The yakuza in this movie are pretty incompetent and funny at the same time. The youngsters are on the run from the yakuza and we're wondering what's going to happen next. I'll let you know how it ends if we ever finish it!
I started watching Rendition the other day while Eric and Etta were out running around. If you aren't familiar with the movie it has Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhall. The reviews were mixed for it but I thought it was pretty good. The torture scenes are tough to watch but I've seen much worse tutor scenes in other movies. I thought the movie was ok, but if you have others on your 'to watch' list you could do without this one.
Last week we got License to Wed which I had been waiting for since it came out onto DVD. Well, I was less than impressed. I ended up doing research on the internet after the first 30 minutes. It just seemed so fake, the actors did not make it believable for me. I don't even know how it ended.
What did you watch this past weekend?

3 comments:

KBG said...

We watched Blood Diamond. It is a gory tale, but I really enjoyed it. Certainly not a movie to see around little ones.

Air Force Family said...

Looking forward to your Survey of Pictures post.

Steve and I watched the new Beowulf (2007), starring Sir Anthony Hopkins and Angelina Jolie. I would rate this movie a C. I've seen several Beowulf movies and this one is the best out of them, but it is definitely still lacking. Steve and I had hoped that it would be good b/c of the actors in it, but it really wasn't that good; but when compared to the rest of the Beowulf movies, it's the best one.

See you later.

Jen said...

We watched Game Plan - the acting wasn't the best, but the movie is really cute. I would watch it again. Jade watched it with us and now she wants to take ballet. :)