Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Movie Mondays

Ok, this would have been posted on Monday but we haven't had internet access since Sunday. I survived the last couple of days, but it was rough. Oh joy to the internet.
Anyway, I'll post weekly about the movie(s) we watched the previous weekend. This past weekend Eric's parents were out visiting us so we only sat down to watch one movie, Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. The previews looked pretty interesting. I caught the concept that something was taking over human bodies and those that are infected show no emotion. Kind of a neat idea. We thought the 'bad' people were lacking something. They were bad but not really bad. The movie dragged on there in the middle and instead of using common sense the smart main character did some stupid things. For example she sat down with her sleeping son when she wasn't supposed to go to sleep. Hello! Go have some red bull or take some no doze. Duh! It seemed like that had a concept but really couldn't expand on it. In reality this movie could have been 60 minutes long but ends up being more than 90 minutes.
I rate this as 'just ok'. Don't bother watching it if you have a long list in your queue. You know what I mean if you are a blockbuster.com person.
Did you watch anything this past weekend? If you did, what did you think of it?

4 comments:

Once Upon a Dream... said...

Hey Christy!
Steve and I watched "Eight Below", this weekend. We really enjoy it. It was an awesome story the survival of snow dogs that got left behind during the winter months in Antarctica and their owner's attempts to go to Antarctica to rescue them.

I'd highly recommend it.

Jill said...

I really wanted to see "Invasion." Justin and I don't rent movies, once in a while I will go to a movie with some friends. I have seen Bucket List, 27 Dresses and P.S. I Love You. All great movies!!! I would like to see "Vantage Point" soon.

Laura said...

The bad guys in the movie sound like men in real life (no emotion). J/K! We love you guys!

Cams said...

Eight below was a great movie, I loved it too!

I haven't seen Invasion and probably won't with these reviews. I really think that taking others suggestions is a good idea. We watch Netflix all the time, and I always check the reviews of movies I am unfamiliar with.

Hope you are doing well!