Sunday, October 21, 2007

Carmel Valley Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we met a group of friends at a pumpkin patch in Carmel Valley. If you shop at Costco and buy their organic spring mix salad you may recognize the name of the farm, Earthbound. They didn't have a big pumpkin patch field like the previous one Etta, Chloe, and myself went to the previous week (didn't think to take the camera with me...doh!). However, they had mounds of different kinds of pumpkins, a free corn maize, an herb garden, and a farm stand where they had a chocolate tasting! It didn't take us too long to go through the maize but I had to bend over to miss all the corn stalks which was tough on my back carrying Chloe. It's not the best picture, but I took it myself.
Etta going through the maize
Trying to keep up with daddy
we found a dead end
in the herb garden, "no sun will pass through this hat!"

I've got more pictures to post in the next blog. Not much to report though.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Do you buy sunscreen in bulk? :) He he

Cams said...

I LOVE the hat on Etta, your pics turned out adorable. And I LIKE the one you took your self, of yourself.
When I was reading, I expected the corn maze to be brown, surprise surprise that it is green! Just goes to show what color the mazes I have seen are.=)