Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Survival of the Fittest

I'm talking every day survival here. Life has become a little hectic since picking up the Japanese class. I have class two nights a week for two hours plus two hours of lab one evening a week. In other words, Eric is taking care of the girls Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening by himself instead of studying for his classes. Most of all I feel bad Eric has been thrown into my job and he gets less study time that he is used too. Might not sound like a big deal but before he would study for hours every night. However, he's doing great. He's managed to do the dishes a couple of times and bathe Etta before I've gotten home. He's super dad.
When I do get some free time during the day I am working on homework or studying for a quiz. Every class we have either a quiz or a test. It's a 5 credit class and I thought it would be more difficult than it really is. I was originally comparing it to other 5 credit classes I've taken, quantitative chemistry and organic chemistry, and there is no comparison. This class is much easier. Heck, there's a 14 year old in our class (don't ask me how that's possible). Every class we review what we've learned in all the previous classes plus just a little new stuff. The only thing about the class is it has so much homework and studying. Yesterday I was lucky to have both girls go down for a nap at the same time which gave me two hours to do homework and study.
So, if you rarely hear from me it's not because I'm avoiding you, it's because I am so busy. I just keep thinking that this will be my life through the rest of the school year if I take the next class in the fall. Oh boy I'm already tired and it's only week three of class!

1 comment:

Jill said...

It is good for Eric to help out. . Keep him busy!!! Good luck with the class.