Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to School

I didn't think I'd be saying this anytime soon, but it's true. I'm going back to school. I had intentions a few years back to finish my masters but since we are always on the move and now have kids, I figured it would never happen. Now I'm going back to school but to take one very important class...introduction to Japanese. It's a five credit class in the evening twice a week plus two hours of language lab. How am I going to do it with a newborn and toddler? I have no idea but Eric is all for me taking the class (he's going to be my at home tutor!). Hope he realizes he'll be taking care of both Etta and Chloe while I'm in class. Luckily Monterey Peninsula College is just down the street from our place and the Olmstead foundation will be paying for my class and books. The hardest part will be finding time to actually do my school work and not work myself to death trying to get an A. Lots of prayers needed, class starts on Monday!

3 comments:

Cams said...

Congrats! I have the same goal of going back to school, but Japanese isn't on the list of first classes to take. I guess it all depends on what you life is bringing in, right?
You can do it, just do your best, as mom, wife, and student.

Jen said...

You'll have to teach Jade a couple Japanese words...then I can call her trilingual! She likes to count in Spanish. :)

Good luck!!!

Jill said...

WOW!! You are going to be busy, busy!! Good luck!!! Do you have Dominos pizza number on the fridge?