Friday, June 15, 2007


If you haven't read the previous post, read that before this one so it makes sense. I went to the hospital to have a stress test to see if I was in labor. After 30 minutes they concluded that I was not in labor. Good thing. However, I am 80% effaced and have become extremely high risk. I had a shot to help mature Chloe's lungs in case she comes within the next couple of weeks. I have to go back again tomorrow for another. I also picked up some medication to stop any contractions that I may be having. To top it off, I'm on a modified bed rest. I can't do any physical activity (including walking) or picking up anything (including Etta!). How in the world am I going to function the next couple of weeks? All I know is Eric is taking it extremely serious and has been picking her up out of the high chair, tub, and crib.
The hardest part for me is seeing our house in complete disarray from the movers dropping off everything yesterday and I can't do anything about it. Eric doesn't even want me to put my clothes away. We really don't want her to come early because the hospital I'm delivering at doesn't have a NICU and they'll send her to Stanford which is an hour and a half away. We need lots of prayers. For me to follow the guidelines that the doctors have given me as well as for Chloe that she'll stay inside until she is physically ready to come out. Thanks everyone!


Jill said...

Forget about all the other stuff, the unpacking will be there for at least another year :) --focus on keeping Chloe healthy and do everything the doctors tell you. You are in our prayers.

Elizabeth said...

I was going to say what Jill said! I know that it will be hard to live in a house that is less than perfect....:) Hang in there.
Good for Eric!!!! I am glad he is being so strict on you! I will tell NLVBC to pray.

R said...


I was really glad to hear from you the other day. I will continue to pray that Chloe waits to be born. Do what the doctor is telling you to do. Blessings to you, Eric, Etta and Maggie.