Tuesday, June 19, 2007

33 weeks and 5 days

That's how far along I am today and we are shooting for 35 weeks. Ok, I want a bare minimum of 34 weeks but optimum would be 35 weeks and beyond. Eric's parents drove up Monday from Oceanside to help me take care of Etta while Eric is at work all day long. I can tell it has made a difference; I don't feel as stressed and it takes a lot of the physical demands off of me (not having to pick up Etta). They'll be here through the rest of the week but have a trip planned for Michigan already. I'm trying to convince my mom or dad to take some time off to help out the following week. Lets hope Chloe is still cooking away and that I will need the extra hands around the house.
Last night was the worst night yet. I couldn't sleep and I had 4 contractions in an hour with a lot of movement from Chloe that was uncomfortable. I was minutes away from calling the hospital and asking if I should come in but then all the pains stopped and I was able to go to sleep. Today has been a great day; very few contractions, cramps, and pains. It gives me hope that she'll stay inside a bit longer.
Sorry it has taken me a little while to update you on the pregnancy but we were without internet since Saturday. It's funny how we had internet for one day then it crapped out on us the next day. Go figure. I'll have pictures updated soon on the blog. They are on the laptop and I'm working on the desktop at the moment.
Send lots of prayers our way and I'll keep you posted as things happen.

6 comments:

KBG said...

Hi - I stumbled upon your blog while searching for Olmsted information (long story). My husband is Olmsted Scholar Class 2006, and we are living in Kiev, Ukraine.
I know of some other Olmsted blogs, and would be happy to share if you'd be interested.
Feel free to stop by the blog, or send an email to grissomblog@yahoo.com.
Best of luck with your pregnancy!

Tara said...

Hi Christy-I just wanted to let you know I've been reading all your blogs and praying for you guys! I sure wish I were close enough to come by and help you! I hope your mom and dad can make it and give you some more helping hands. You'll be in my prayers!

Tara

Lysandra said...

WOW! Do you know why you go into preterm labor? How scary! At least she is hanging in there.

Beth said...

Hi Christy, I have been checking in on you, this is Beth Jergenson from Centennial, now Beth Ott. :) I pray your little one hangs in there til at least 36 weeks! Rest and ask anyone for help you can... Call a church and ask for some grandmotherly volunteers. I too had preterm labor and every day counts.

Just the Sous Chef said...

Sooooooooo happy to hear his parents are there to help and that Miss Cloe is still bakin' in there! Lots of prayers that you conitnue to find the strength to STAY OFF YOUR FEET and that she continues to thrive.

When is your next appt? Please keep us updated!!!

HUGS!!!

Jill said...

Keep Chloe in there, she is still rare--we would like her well done. Don't you love my reference to cooking. :) Relax and enjoy sunny California for the next few weeks!!