Friday, May 25, 2007

Little Chloe
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and yesterday had another doctor's appointment. Last week I had lost a few pounds (Eric and I both were sick) and the doctor was concerned with my size and the size of fundal height (height of uterus). She wanted me to come back in to have an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid as well as baby weight and size. I've been a little nervous all week long, worrying that something was wrong and make the pregnancy that much more high risk.

I gained 2 pounds this past week so I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight thanks in part to all the cookies I ate! However, I'm still measuring small. The doctor came in and started the ultrasound. She confirmed again that it is a girl before taking measurements. Luckily the amniotic fluid is good, otherwise I would have gone up to labor and delivery for bed rest and IV fluids. Then she had to take a couple bone measurements for the estimated size and it turns out she is at about 26 weeks and 6 days gestational age and weighs in at about 1350 grams. She's in the 40th percentile for size which the doctor says is perfect.

Eric also learned how to give me my weekly shot. I still have two more weeks worth of shots here at the base and then they'll give us four needles and the vial of progesterone for Eric to administer weekly. The nurse went through everything and had him give me yesterday's shot. He seems to be OK with it which I'm glad for, I would rather not give it to myself!

30 weeks pregnant

1 comment:

Laura said...

How adorable! Did I see a litte roundness. Happy to here all is going well with mother and baby.