Thursday, May 17, 2007

Goodbye Granddad

I haven't written much lately because I've been napping during Etta's daily nap which is the time I would be blogging. My granddad went into hospice last Friday. He has been up and down for the last 6 months or so. My grandma has been taking care of him night and day since the whole ordeal started. He got so bad that my grandma no longer was able to take care of him and he needed to be put on oxygen. Once he got to hospice, the doctors didn't think he'd live much longer. He was unresponsive most of the time and was no longer able to eat or drink. He held on until Wednesday at 6pm when he finally passed away. My mom says there will be a memorial held in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. Hopefully Eric and I will be able to make it with the upcoming move to Monterey and trip to DC. Please keep my grandma in your prayers during this rough time.

5 comments:

Pam said...

That was such a wonderful tribute to Granddad. I love the picture of Granddad and Etta at Christmas time. Love you.

Jill said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep your chin up!! :)

Tara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family (especially grandma!).

God bless!

Laura said...

Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can't do for you or your family. Beautiful picture of your Granddad and Etta.

Lysandra said...

Christy, I am very sorry to hear that. Let me know if you need anything.