Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh Boy Oh Boy

I was having a normal day today, my weekly visit to my doctor for a shot in the bum and battling a 14 month old's desire not to eat what I want to give her, until Eric called 20 minutes ago. I thought he was calling to tell me he was on his way home, but it wasn't. He told me he got an email from the Olmsted Foundation saying that we're going to Chubu, Japan. Oh wow, we have to put the house up on the market tomorrow! We don't know the specifics yet, like when we will be going to Language School or if it will be in Monterrey, Ca or D.C.. Sounds like Eric has to do some major work this coming week to figure all that out. Once that's done, we'll have to figure out living arrangements, where the heck I'm going to deliver this baby, and well pretty much anything else that has to be done over the next three years. I'm getting nervous, excited, scared, and all the other feelings that come with finding out we're moving. Please pray for Eric and I. Eric for strength and leadership as we battle the coming year and for me to keep my sanity while all this is happening. I'll keep you posted when I find out more information.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, that is huge news Christy! I'm excited for guys. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

Laura said...

Praise God!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope and pray all comes together smoothly. Just keep following Gods lead. He has gotten you this far. I'm so sad for selfish reasons. I'm going to miss you guys soooo much. Hopefully we will still be able to talk often. I pray our kids will still be able to know each other as well as we do. I love you guys and will be praying for you. Christy please call me if you need any help. I'm not that far away. Please don't send yourself into pre-term labor like I did by doing to much. God Bless! Laura

Just the Sous Chef said...

Oh my Christy, that is BIG news ... oh boy oh boy is an understatement, LOL! I will keep you in my prayers and you know God will help guide you through all these changes. Sounds like a wonderful adventure!!!

Jill said...

WOW!!! Do you know how far away Japan is? TOO far!!! I am happy for you..okay who am I kidding - I am going to miss you too much to be happy yet...