Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm Getting Old

I left Eric with Etta Sunday after church to do some running around. Etta has her pageant this Saturday and we need tights and shoes to match her dress. After finding nothing at Target I decided to make the drive to Babies R Us. Next to Babies R Us is a DSW. I've never been in there before but thought surely they have kids shoes too. Little did I know they didn't have kids shoes but they sucked me in to look for myself. I haven't bought a new pair of shoes in about a year and a half when I ordered a pair or two from Naturalizer.com. I went to the clearance section and looked for some good mommy shoes. Well, I found...Dr. Scholl's! Oh yes, the day has come where I am wearing old woman shoes. They are perfect....they slip on and they have super comfy gel inserts. I'm gellin'. See picture below and make fun of me accordingly! I did end up going to Babies R Us and finding what I needed. Ivory tights but not ivory shoes; they are pink instead. I'll probably dress her up today to make sure everything fits alright. If I'm lucky I'll get a few pictures of her. Otherwise, I'll post pictures of the pageant this weekend.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Are those velcro straps on them??? If they are. . oh goodness, you have velcro on shoes because you are to old to tie them. :) I like the color, though.

Just the Sous Chef said...

Isn't it funny how Motherhood changes everything?! LOL They definitely look comfy. Can't wait to see Etta pics in her pageant dress!!

Christy said...

Yes Jill...it is velcro! It's just so much faster than having to sit down and pry my tennis shoes away from Etta.