Saturday, March 17, 2007

Etta's First Pageant... Cinderella Preliminary Pageant for Las Vegas

The first part of the Baby Cinderella pageant for the 0-3 year olds is playtime rather than an interview. Etta's age group is considered Baby for 12-23 month olds. There were only three of them in that age category. Then there were infants (up to 11 months), tiny tots (24-35 months), and prince charmings. This is Etta and I getting ready to go into playtime. It ended up just being several minutes long. Just enough time for Etta to have fun with one toy and watch the other two girls with what they were doing.

The second part of the pageant is getting judged while all dressed up. This is Etta up on stage in front of the judges. She was all smiles for them...or Eric, not sure which one!

After getting judged, all the age groups hang around for the judges to figure out who wins what. We entered some optional categories like best eyes, hair, personality, and what not and all the 0-3 year olds are judged in those categories. Below is a picture of Etta winning best smile! She got a little trophy for that which ended up being a chew toy.

Finally they were doing awards for each age group and I was bumming because the other two girls had one best personality and cutest so I thought we were going to be big losers. It was just me and another mom backstage when one of the staff had said, "Last one's standing, you know what that means!". Here I'm thinking we're losers but instead we are going to be the overall winner. Holy cow! Etta up winning Overall Winner for the Baby age group and got a big trophy, crown, sash, couple of toys, Cinderella quilt, and a 'scholarship' (basically a partial entry) into the State competition which is either in May or June. We're thinking about it...depends on it we're still here or not.

I'm getting crowned! Holding my best smile trophy too.



This is fun..everyone is clapping for me!

Check out my big trophy!


Here is a better picture of Etta in her dress

Happy St. Patrick's day. We'll be enjoying corn beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots tonight. Eric will probably have some green beer too!

3 comments:

Lysandra said...

Oh My Gosh! Congrats Etta! How cool is that! What a great day! How fun. Wish I could have been there. I would have entered Mikey in the prince charming category.

Just the Sous Chef said...

How adorable!!! Yeah, I am not surprised that beauty was the overall winner!!! I hope you enjoyed it and had a good time. We are still debating entering Lu in the pageant tomorrow?! Congrats!

Jill said...

Congratulations Etta!!! She looks so pretty!!! The life of a pageant mom and baby :)