Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Little Late...Christmas

Sorry it has taken me so long to write this. Etta is keeping herself entertained with the Leapfrog Table...oops, she's heading for Mookie now. Well, I'll write for as long as I can. We headed for Phoenix for Christmas this year. We planned it that way since Allen was due about Christmas time. He arrived early which guaranteed our getting to see him while visiting! The Saturday before Christmas we went out to Gilbert to spend the day with Marc, WeiRong, Eric's parents, WeiRong's parents, and some friends. We had a great time. We would have enjoyed it more if we would have been able to spend some one on one time with Allen, but since Eric and I were both sick with a cold, we figured it would be wise to maintain some distance. He seems to be doing well, as well as WeiRong. Her parents our here from China for 6 months to help. Wow, I can't imagine help for a month let alone 6!
We got to do our Christmas exchange that night. We gave Eric's parents a hot air balloon ride and Marc and WeiRong got lots of baby stuff as well as Old Navy gift cards. We made out like bandits. Eric got his cordless drill and saw, a book, and a gift card. I got a new set of pots and pans that we desperately needed. Etta got a few cute toys too. WeiRong's parents even brought her a cute little outfit from China. As soon as she's long enough to wear it, I'll have pictures of it on here. Here are several pictures of the family get together.

Marc, WeiRong, and Baby Allen:
Presents, yet Etta loves the paper:
The Winterbottoms:
Monday morning my family got together at my parents house and did the full up Christmas. Once my brother and grandparents came over we started unwrapping gifts. Luckily Etta had just woken up from a nap and had lunch so she was ready to go. Etta made out like a bandit. My parents got enough presents to last a full year or so as well as outfit her until the next age group of clothes! I got a Kitchenaid, Aveda gift certificate, perfume, Bath and Body set, and I could go on. Eric got an Ipod, a scale, more gift certificates, and who knows what else. We gave my parents a hot air balloon ride too. Should be fun. Here are some photos of Christmas with my family.

Etta checking out some gifts:
Etta checking out her foot:
Bubba, a litter of one...he's so cute:
Etta with her great granddad:
Posted by Picasa
We had to leave Christmas night so Eric could be at work the next day. What a bummer. But, we had a wonderful time. We'll be heading out there in less than two weeks for Etta's first birthday party. I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures of that one too on here, hopefully it won't take me as long to post them! Hopefully everyone else had a wonderful Christmas. We were happy to spend it with family this year, however short it was.

No comments: