Friday, January 19, 2007

Heading to Phoenix...Again

We'll be heading to Phoenix tonight once Etta goes to bed. It's so much easier making the drive when she's sleeping. Obviously that takes a little away from our sleep, but we'll make up for it while we are visiting with my parents. Etta's first birthday party is tomorrow and we are super excited. We'll have a good turn out of family and friends for the party. Eric's parents are coming in from California, Eric's brother and our sister in law will be there, and all my local friends with their little kids too! It will be so much fun watching her dig into that little cake. Hopefully we'll remember to take tons of photos so everyone on her can see it.
My grandparents won't be making the birthday party unfortunately. My granddad was in the hospital for a couple of day and then was diagnosed with Parkinson's. He's now on medication and is going much better. He's in a rehab center where they are making him exercise several times a day to get function in his leg back. He sounds like he's doing much better and he's only a couple of miles for my grandma so she can see him frequently throughout the day. He'll be there for awhile longer so keep him in your prayers. I'll update everyone on him when there is more news. We'll go visit him Saturday night so he can see his great granddaughter.
Well, Etta's naps have decreased and her nighttime sleep has increased. I better make use of her nap today and get a few things done around the house. There is always something to do; most of the time I just nap or read so I have a lot to do before tonight! I'll update my post on Wednesday. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Lysandra said...

I hope you get plenty of rest! Are you showing yet? I heard that you show quicker with your second baby...I guess I will find out soon enough. I am 5 weeks today! Anyways, ziplining was awesome. It was super fun and pretty safe. It gives you a nice ab workout too.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Etta!!! Eat lots of cake for me. That drive from LAS to PHX--yuk!! Call me next week with all the details.