Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hee Hee Hee, I'm Pregnant

Some of you already know so this won't come as a surprise, but yes I am pregnant. Now that we have told our parents, I feel like I can go ahead and tell everyone else. As of right now, I'm just shy of 9 weeks pregnant, so I have a long ways to go. The initial due date is August 2nd, 2007, but I won't be surprised if they end up pushing it back. I'll keep you posted on any changes or how I'm doing. I'm not sure if they are going to do anything different with me this time since Etta was so early. They may consider me high risk and just have me come in more frequently. The nurse I saw last week told me the doctor will let me know what's going on at my appointment in a couple of weeks. Keep us in your prayers though.

We weren't sure how to tell our parents but Eric came up with a good idea. We went to Marc and WeiRong's house for Christmas dinner on Saturday and Eric's parents were there as well. We did our present exchange that night. We had put a little card inside a gift bag saying this:
RAINCHECK
Another Grand Kid
EXPECT DELIVERY
August 2nd, 2007
His parents seemed shocked (heck, so am I). When we did the same thing for my parents. My dad was all smiles but didn't read it out loud. My mom asked, "What?". He just shoved the card back into the bag and gave it to my mom to open and read. At first she was confused...that's just normal for my mom. After a few seconds of letting it sink in she just screamed with joy. Then the card got passed to my grandparents who were surprised and happy as well. That was fun.
We didn't take many pictures with our camera this weekend so I'll have to wait until my mom sends me her photos. After I get them I'll make a post about Christmas. It was a great time and it's always sad to leave home. However, I love my own bed. Well, Etta's napping which means it's time for my nap! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

Lysandra said...

Oh Congratulations Christy! I am so jealous, we have been trying since October...oh well, how exciting for you!