Friday, November 10, 2006

Please Tell Me You've Done This at Some Point in Time Too

This is so embarrassing. Yesterday I went to Blockbuster and traded one of my online movies for a movie in the store (the last disc of Desperate Housewives season two). When I got to my car I put the movie and my Blockbuster card on top of the car to get Etta into her car seat. I normally go to the drivers side but I went to the passenger side because it was in the shade.
As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot onto the main road I heard something fall. I looked back but didn't catch on immediately. Of course it took me a second but when I realized I left the video on top of the car I immediately swerved back into the shopping center, taking out a curb at the same time. I went back to the Blockbuster parking lot and parked. I could see the disc in the middle of the right lane. As soon as all the cars passed I ran out and picked it up. The first thing I did was shook it and there was a lot of rattling inside. I imagined the two discs crushed beyond recognition. I opened it up and low and behold they were intact. Wow, how did that happen? The case wasn't in the best shape, but who cares since the discs were in one piece. I could see my Blockbuster card out in the street but rather than looking like an idiot twice in a matter of minutes, I left it. To my surprise the disc played fine after a little cleaning up.
Has anyone else left something on the top of their car and drove off?

3 comments:

Lysandra said...

All the time...I am not even embarassed anymore. The only reason I even stop to pick up stuff is because I don't want to be a litter bug.

Jill said...

I would put my purse on top of the car in the morning while I was putting my teacher's bag into the back seat and pull out of the garage. I never ran over my purse, but came close many times.

Christy said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!