Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween and a 9 month check up

Let me start this blog out by saying the desktop uploads pictures way faster than the laptop. Whenever I update my blog on the laptop I usually open up a game of free cell to kill the time it takes to download pictures. I think I'll be working on the desktop from now on!
There is so much to say even though it's only been several days since my last blog. Etta had her 9 month check up on Monday and she's doing great. She weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces, is 27.5 inches long, and a 45 cm head circumference. She's between the 25-50th percentile in every group. The doctor says developmentally she's where she should be and there is very little concern for her to catch RSV. Woohoo, I'm a happy mom.
Next thing to make mom happy is dress my baby up in cute costume and take many pictures. As you can see Etta was a little lady bug for Halloween. The costume did get in the way of her crawling since she can't walk so she was in it long enough to have pictures taken. Good thing I bought it second hand for $7. She wore it for five minutes, it cost $7, wow it cost us $1.40 a minute to wear. It was worth it! I should have put her on the lawn in the backyard, that would have been cute.




We didn't run out of candy this year. I have a sneaking suspicion that we ran out last year because Eric let the kids take whatever candy they wanted out of the bowl (that meant quantity as well as type). Hmmm...You think? This year I handed out candy, three mini pieces per kid (unless they weren't dressed, which tend to be the older kids, and they only got one piece!). We had left overs...woohoo.
Today has been a tough day on mommy and Etta. Her top left incisor is coming in and she is not happy. She's been basically whining all day. I have her swinging in the swing right now completely out of it. Even the teething tablets aren't helping her right now. Her previous two teeth came in while we were in Hawaii and she didn't fuss one bit. I'm paying for it now! She may have the right incisor coming in too, just hasn't broken the skin yet. Poor baby, if I could only take the pain for her. At least I wouldn't have to listen to her whine anymore:)
Another one of my friends has started a blog so if you are interested in seeing the beginning of it, here is the website: http://wyostarbucks.blogspot.com/ I've also added it to my favorites so you can see it whenever you'd like. Blogging is so much fun, it's my personal journal (with some things obviously not written) that friends and family can read. Maybe that's why I like reading everyone's' blogs, it's like reading a diary that has been hidden.

3 comments:

Lysandra said...

I love the lady bug...she looks so cute!

Jill said...

It would have been so cute to take some pictures in the grass of the adorable lady bug. I am guessing Etta it to young to have a margarita to help the tooth pain. :)

Christy said...

Mommy's drinking margaritas to help Etta's tooth pains!