Thursday, October 19, 2006

Absolutely Atrocious


Rarely do I read articles that make me upset. Most of the time I feel shock, sadness, or intrigue, but rarely to I ever have anger when I read news articles. Today I found an article that gave me all those feelings, but mainly anger.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=2585102&page=1

The link about will send you to a story about a young women pregnant with her third child, committing self abortion the day she went into labor. Not only was that horrible news, but the judge from Virginia dismissed the case. Read the article if you find that interesting, disgusting, or if it just makes you mad.

I’m thinking the woman was not all their mentally when it happened, but I still believe it was a crime. She could have given birth to that baby and it could have gone to loving adoptive parents. Just because you can’t afford to have a baby, abortion is not the only option. There are so many couples looking to adopt, even Eric and I are looking into adopting in the future.

Things that parents (not the schools, it’s not their responsibility) need to teach their children:
abstinence until marriage
if you are going to have sex, use birth control or you’ll get pregnant
If you can’t afford to have a baby, give it up for adoption (their are consequences for having sex...abortions are the easy way out)

Ok, I’m never very political, but that’s just how I feel. I think I became pro-life rather than pro-abortion when I became pregnant and saw Etta’s heart beating at 10 weeks. “Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him” Psalm 127:3

Another quote I enjoy is from Ronald Reagan, “Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.”

1 comment:

Lysandra said...

Cute she is red-headed! Love it!