Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Missing Naptime in Vegas
Etta has decreased her naps from 4 hours to about 2 ½ hours every day. Mommy is so sad! As long as her first two naps are good she drops the evening nap. However, she sometimes takes a catnap if she is uncontrollably grumpy. All those things I accomplished during her naps, like reading, showering, napping, and blogging, are now getting pushed aside to actually play with her for hours on end. It’s fun, but I’m exhausted by the end of the day. Eric usually gets her for a couple of hours Monday evenings for bible study and he always tells me he’s tired by the time I get back. It’s nice to see I’m not the only one that gets worn out from playing with her.
She is sitting upright so much better. I still can’t leave her because she topples over every once in awhile. Sometimes she does the graceful face plant then ends up on her stomach. It’s actually quite funny. Since she’s becoming more mobile I’ve become a little nervous about the tile in the house. I envision Etta taking a fall where her head
meets the tile and the tile wins. I’d rather not have a child with a cracked skull. I ended up getting some foam tiles at Ross and laid them down covering half of the great room for her to play on. It’s great for now but will be obsolete once she can crawl. Who knows when that will be?
She’s getting up in the middle of the night again for an extra feeding. Has anyone else had this problem around the eight month mark? I’m trying to cram as much food into her during the day but it doesn’t work. When she’s done, she won’t let anything else pass those lips. I’m wondering if she is on a growth spurt. Normally she wakes up cooing and kicking her toys in the crib, but when she wakes up in the middle of the night it is full up screaming, glass shattering screaming. She eats a full bottle and goes back to sleep until morning. What to do?
Well, she just fell asleep for nap number two. I need to shower and read either of my two magazines or the book I’m slowly working through. Hope everyone is wonderful!




1 comment:

Lysandra said...

she is growing so fast! It's amazing how fast they do it...all right in front of our eyes too. Amazing. oh and sorry for your loss...the nap