Inspired by Eric's wonderful parents, today's blog includes several interesting facts I found online...mostly at http://www.amusingfacts.com/ The first fact was sent by Dave and Maggi after they first read my new blog.
- Among US Internet users, only 8% maintain blogs. However, nearly five times that number (39%) read blogs.
- Cat urine glows under a black-light.
- Sean Connery once worked as a coffin-polisher.
- No war has been fought where both countries had a McDonalds.
- The Bible, the world’s best-selling book, is also the world’s most shoplifted book.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there was a Superman somewhere in the picture. (for Lysandra)
- The military used toilet paper to camouflage their tanks in Saudi Arabia, during the Desert Storm War.
- The average bank teller loses about $250 every year. (mom!)
- An office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.
- A surfer once sued another surfer for "stealing his wave." The case was thrown out because the court was unable to put a price on "pain and suffering" endured by the surfer watching someone else ride "his" wave.
- 45% of Americans don't know that the sun is a star.
- Each day the sun causes about one trillion tons of water to evaporate.
- The largest diamond that was ever found was 3106 carats.
- A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy.
- Bamboo plants can grow up to 36 inches in a day.
- Every day, the average person swallows about a quart of snot.
Aren't I cute?
I am!My playmate...Maggie